Learning Disabilities, 6th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Learning Disabilities: Toward Inclusion (formerly edited by Bob Gates) is one of the leading textbooks in this field. It offers real ways to improve quality of experience for people with learning disabilities in all areas of life.
This new edition brings together a comprehensive and coherent collection of material from eminent authors with a wealth of professional backgrounds and roles. Its contemporary focus reflects practice developments including the impact of changing policy and legislation on the nature and configuration of services.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- the embedding of key themes across chapters to draw diverse material into an integrated whole. These are: person-centredness, values, the reality of practice, the range of ability, the range of services and national and international perspectives.
- chapters on advocacy, personal narratives and life story, inclusive research, risk, safeguarding, sensory awareness, epilepsy and end-of-life care
- online case studies and activities with critical-thinking questions and ‘hot links’ to web resources to extend knowledge and understanding thereby facilitating learning
- a fully searchable, customisable electronic version of the text to enable easy access and quick reference
- The leading textbook for carers of people with learning disabilities
- A comprehensive overview of the field of learning disabilities care
- Well-written accessible content
- Activities, case studies, diagrams and further resources including useful web links
No other text matches this edition for comprehensive coverage for student nurses
..this is an extremely useful resource not only to nurses but anyone with an interest in this area
Practising nurse“Each chapter begins with a list of its contents and ends with references, further reading and excellent additional resources. Navigation is straightforward.
The book is excellent value for money for all professionals working in the field.”
Nursing Standard : August 29 : vol 21 no 51 : 2007
Edited by Helen Atherton, BSc(Hons), PhD, RNLD, Lecturer in Nursing, School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK and Debbie Crickmore, BSc(Hons) MSc RNLD, Lecturer in Learning Disability, Faculty of Health and Social Care, University of Hull, Hull, UK