Essentials of Dental Radiography and Radiology E-Book, 5th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$79.95|
This is a new edition of a classic text that presents all of the information that a dental student needs to know in order to safely capture high-quality clinical images and accurately interpret their findings.
In this latest edition, both traditional methods of imaging and new modalities are included, such as cone beam CT, and the author team has been expanded to bring a fresh approach to the subject area.
Written in an accessible manner which avoids unnecessary detail, each page spread has been carefully designed to ensure clarity of understanding by the reader to ensure both exam success and confidence and safety in the clinical situation. Topics address the whole curriculum and range from the physics of imaging to radiation protection and image interpretation.
Suitable for undergraduate students and post-graduates alike, this book has become essential reading for all readers who intend to practice clinical dentistry.
New to This Edition
- Includes a new chapter on cone beam technology which includes the latest RCS (Eng) Guidelines for patient selection
- Contains an on-line self-assessment bank to aid exam preparation
- Chapter on legislation now on-line to ensure constant currency of information
- Provides a comprehensive account of the radiology and radiography topics usually examined at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Clear and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- More than 1100 illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an accessible manner
- Written by a world authority on the subject area
- Contains recent classifications and advanced imaging modalities including cone beam CT imaging techniques
By Eric Whaites, MSc BDS(Hons) FDSRCS(Edin) FDSRCS(Eng) FRCR DDRRCR, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, Head of the Unit of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiological Imaging, King's College London Dental Institute at Guy's, King's College and St Thomas' Hospitals, London, UK
and Nicholas Drage, BDS(Hons) FDSRCS(Eng) FDSRCPS(Glas) DDRRCR, Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, University Dental Hospital, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff, UK