Introduction to Research for Midwives, 3rd Edition
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
Struggling to understand the language of research? Need to understand the basic principles and processes of research? Do you find it difficult to know how to apply research to clinical practice?
This third edition of Introduction to Research for Midwives is the answer! In simple language, it explains the world of research both for those who must use it as part of evidence-based practice and those undertaking research.
The content is particularly student-friendly and provides clear guidelines on critiquing research articles and producing successful reviews of the literature, with many tips on producing assignments that really work.
All midwives and other health professionals will find this book invaluable in applying research to their own practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Clear emphasis on evidence-based practice
- All chapters include new material
- Major chapters extensively rewritten
- Up-to-date references and examples
- New research techniques included
- Glossary updated and simplified
- No prior knowledge of research needed
- Written in a simple, practical style
- Applied to the context of evidence-based practice
- Comprehensive glossary of research terms
- Quantitative and qualitative research approaches clarified and illustrated
- Time-saving study skills highlighted
- Key points summaries for quick revision
By Colin Rees, BSc(Econ), MSc(Econ), PGCE(FE), Lecturer, University of Wales College of Medicine, School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies, Cardiff, Wales