Clinical Biochemistry:Metabolic and Clinical Aspects, 3rd Edition
With Expert Consult access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Now fully revised and updated, Clinical Biochemistry, third edition is essential reading for specialty trainees, particularly those preparing for postgraduate examinations. It is also an invaluable current reference for all established practitioners, including both medical and scientist clinical biochemists.
Building on the success of previous editions, this leading textbook primarily focuses on clinical aspects of the subject, giving detailed coverage of all conditions where clinical biochemistry is used in diagnosis and management - including nutritional disorders, diabetes, inherited metabolic disease, metabolic bone disease, renal calculi and dyslipidaemias. The acquisition and interpretation of clinical biochemical data are also discussed in detail.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Expanded sections on haematology and immunology for clinical biochemists provide a thorough understanding of both laboratory and clinical aspects
- New chapters are included on important evolving areas such as the metabolic response to stress, forensic aspects of clinical biochemistry and data quality management
- An extended editorial team - including three expert new additions - ensures accuracy of information and relevance to current curricula and clinical practice
- A superb new accompanying electronic version provides an enhanced learning experience and rapid reference anytime, anywhere!
- Straightforward navigation and search across all Elsevier titles
- Seamless, real-time integration between devices
- Adjustable text size and brightness
- Notes and highlights sharing with other users through social media
- Interactive content
Enhanced eBooks for medical professionals
Compatible with PC, Mac®, most mobile devices and eReaders, browse, search, and interact with this title - online and offline. Redeem your PIN at expertconsult.com today!
"An invaluable resource... Information is wide ranging and detailed but also very practical, being applicable to the real questions about real patients that we have to deal with every day. There are lots of tables for easy reference. I heartily recommend this book."
Elizabeth Hall, Annals of Clinical Biochemistry
By William J. Marshall, MA, MSc, PhD, MBBS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPEdin, FIBiol, Consultant Clinical Biochemist and Clinical Director of Pathology, The London Clinic; Emeritus Reader in Clinical Biochemistry, Kings College London, London, UK; Márta Lapsley, MB BCh BAO, DipPath, MRCPath, MD, FRCPath
, Consultant Chemical Pathologist, Epsom and St. Helier NHS Trust and Clinical Lead for Health Informatics, Epsom and St Helier NHS Trust; Honorary Senior Lecturer in Clinical Endocrinology and Nutrition, Centre for Clinical Science and Measurement, University of Surrey; Honorary Senior Research Fellow, South West Thames Institute for Renal Research
; Andrew Day, MA MSc MBBS FRCPath , Consultant Chemical Pathologist, Weston Area Health Trust and University Hospitals Bristol Foundation Trust; Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer in Chemical Pathology, University of Bristol; Head of Severn Deanery Postgraduate School of Pathology, Bristol, UK and Ruth Ayling, PhD FRCP FRCPath, Consultant in Clinical Biochemistry, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK