Medical Biotechnology E-Book
British Medical Association Book Awards 2009 - Commended, Basic and Clinical SciencesThis textbook is aimed at medical and other health science students to explain the practical clinical impact of new techniques in biotechnology. It does not set out to explain the minutiae of the techniques themselves. The book focuses on why these techniques are useful in a clinical context and considers their potential uses, limitations and the ethical considerations that surround their use.
- Accessible account of subject wriiten at a level appropriate for medical students.
- Highly illustrated in colour.
- Ideal as a resource for problem-based courses.
- Increasing number of medical courses have modules on this subject.
- Suggestions for further reading.
By Judit Pongracz, BSc, PhD, DrHabil, Associate Professor, Department of Immunology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Hungary and Mary Keen, BSc, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK