Core Topics in General & Emergency Surgery - Print and E-Book, 5th Edition
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Core Topics in General & Emergency Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- Modern techniques in transplantation and new forms of immunosuppression are emphasised throughout this volume.
- The substantial interest in new organ perfusion and in the preservation techniques in organ donation and transplantation are reflected in a new chapter written by an international expert.
- All the chapters reflect transplant care as a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians working in a collaborative fashion.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended - Surgery category***
“A very useful summary of the relevant evidence base for general surgical cases. The succinct format allows one to readily access information in a timely manner.” Judges comments
By Simon Paterson-Brown, MBBS MPhil MS FRCS, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Clinical and Surgical Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh; Consultant General and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK