Vascular and Endovascular Surgery - Print and E-book, 5th Edition
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
NOT YET PUBLISHED
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
- The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
- The revision of the content reflects the continued move towards non-invasive imaging, medical therapy and endovascular techniques, culminating in a new chapter on Future Developments.
- Many of the chapters reflect the collaborative nature of a modern vascular service and are co-authored by a vascular surgeon and a vascular radiologist.
- The authorship team has been expanded with input from vascular nursing and rehabilitation experts.
- The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
- Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
"Vascular and Endovascular Surgery was first edited in 1997, and the new fourth edition of 2009 brings relevant state-of-the-art and evidence-based specialist information in a constantly changing field."
Acta Chirurgica Belgica, August 2010
By Jonathan D Beard, ChM, MEd, FRCS, Consultant Vascular Surgeon, The Sheffield Vascular Institute; Honorary Professor of Surgical Education, The University of Sheffield, UK.; Peter A. Gaines, MRCP, FRCR, Consultant Vascular Radiologist, The Sheffield Vascular Unit, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, UK and Ian Loftus