Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians E-Book, 2nd Edition
The new edition of Dosage Calculations for Veterinary Nurses and Technicians continues to explain common mathematical principles in veterinary terms. With the introduction of the Evolve platform, both student and qualified nurses or technicians benefit from an interactive site where they can test their knowledge with interactive questions and quizzes; while instructors can create their own quizzes and tasks to use as aids in their teaching.
Drawing upon his extensive experience, Terry Lake also provides a method of conversion that simplifies equations and removes the necessity of memorizing formulae. Terry Lake is also joined in this second edition by Nicola Green, an experienced instructor in dosage calculations who has devised the Evolve component.
The text uses a commonsense approach to clinical situations faced by every student and qualified practitioner, highlighting common errors and providing tips for avoiding potential pitfalls. This extremely useful text takes the student from the secure ground of decimals and percentages, through to the uncharted terrain of statistics and dimensional analysis - all in an easily accessible and user-friendly style.
This book remains an indispensable companion for all who administer medication to animals.
- A comprehensive textbook covering all aspects of calculations as applied to veterinary nursing - from basic arithmetic to dilutions and statistics
- Well illustrated for maximum clarity and understanding
- Guidance tips for tricky areas ensure that repetition of common errors is avoided
- Self-test sections plus clinical hints and tips ensure quick retention of core facts
- An essential text at all levels of training - from Animal Care to Advanced Diploma
By Terry Lake, DVM, Instructor, Animal Health Technology, Faculty of Science, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada and Nicola Green, RVN, Lecturer in Veterinary Nursing and Internal Verifier, Northumbria School of Veterinary Nursing, Newcastle College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK