Basic Surgical Techniques E-Book, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$71.95|
The Sixth Edition of this highly regarded title for surgical trainees gives clear, concise guidance on all aspects of acquiring surgical skills to ensure operative success. The full range of surgical procedures is comprehensively reviewed in a clear 'how-to-do-it' style, which consolidates the skills learnt both in theatre and on training courses. This new edition has been completely updated throughout, with all the illustrations redrawn in full colour. Each chapter is introduced with a key points box, which briefly summarises the major issues that are covered. International experts from the Middle East, Australia, Asia, North America and Europe have reviewed and added their comments to the text.
New to This Edition
- Now presented in full colour with all illustrations redrawn to add detail and clarity and to bring all the information fully up to date.
- A comprehensively updated text takes account of new developments in surgical techniques and equipment.
- A new final chapter on surgical craftsmanship brings the skills all together for the surgeon in the operating theatre, uniting and applying the relevant factors in the correct sequence and focussing on getting it right first time.
- Provides guidance on the full range of surgical techniques required by all trainee surgeons.
- Concentrates on the main principles behind the use of the surgical techniques
- "Key Points" boxes throughout provide hints and tips to reinforce the main aspects of each technique.
By R. M. Kirk, MS, FRCS, Honorary Professor of Surgery, Royal Free and University College London; Honorary Consulting Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK