Ward's Anaesthetic Equipment E-Book, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Hardback||
Won First Prize at 2012 BMA awards in Anaesthesia Category.
Lavishly illustrated by clear line diagrams and photographs, Ward's Anaesthetic Equipment is a highly accessible single source to aid understanding of the key principles behind equipment function and design. This sixth edition of the classic reference text on anaesthetic equipment is again extensively revised to reflect the very latest advances.
Ward's is an invaluable resource for qualified anaesthetists, as well as essential reading for those in training or approaching examinations such as those of the Primary and Final Fellowship in the UK and Ireland. Trainees in Intensive Care Medicine, anaesthetic assistants, operating department practitioners, electronic and biomedical engineers in hospitals and manufacturers' representatives will also benefit from this most trusted guide.
New to This Edition
- Chapter on local anaesthesia totally rewritten
- Chapter on error and man-machine interaction will be much more in depth
- New chapter on patient warming
- Provides a simple and comprehensive explanation of the function of anaesthetic equipment, ensuring its safe use in clinical practice
- Covers the relevant syllabus required by the FRCA and similar exams taken by trainee anaesthetists
- Clear line diagrams explain the working principles of each piece of equipment
By Andrew J Davey, LRCP & SI, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, UK and Ali Diba, BM, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, The Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, West Sussex, UK