Diagnostic Pediatric Surgical Pathology E-Book
This is a highly-illustrated, practical textbook covering all aspects of diagnostic paediatric pathology. This reference work specifically addresses those paediatric surgical pathology issues that are of most importance from a practical point-of-view for both general and paediatric pathologists. In the same way that general pathologists will refer to specialist texts for reporting of adult liver biopsies, renal biopsies, etc, this book will provide similar support for the pathologic reporting of pediatric specimens and will enable the user to identify the histological features of lesions/diseases peculiar to the pediatric patient, be able to formulate an appropriate differential diagnosis, and understand the morphologic and clinical laboratory tools available to reach the correct diagnosis.
- The focus is on practical diagnostic issues throughout.
- Concentrates on the diagnostic and management issues that are relevant to the surgical pathologist when signing out a report: ie variant histopathological appearances, what the surgeon needs to know about grading.
- Comprehensive coverage of all entities that occur in children and adolescents.Provides the general surgical pathologist more used to interpreting adult specimens with a complete guide to all of the histopathologic differences in appearance compared to similar diseases in adults.
- Superb, high quality full color illustrations of key aspects of various diseases (histopathologic, molecular and clinical features) throughout.Provides a complete visual guide to paediatric neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions will allow rapid identification of tumor or tumor-like lesions.
- Includes the latest techniques in immunohistochemistry and molecular genetics in an integrated manner.Provides comprehensive information on all of the investigative contexts relevant to formulating an accurate. diagnosis.
- Information organized simply and consistently throughout in bullet point format.Helps the users find what they're looking for quickly and easily.
- Extensive use of tables to list all of the possible differential diagnosis of each tumor and tumor-like entity. User-friendly summary of key points to be considered in problem areas presented in a way that makes it ideal for a busy surgical pathologist.
By Neil Sebire, MB, BS, FRCPath, Consultant Pathologist, Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, London, UK; Marian Malone, MB, BCh, BAO, FRCPath, Consultant Pediatric Pathologist, Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, London, UK; Michael Ashworth, MBBCh, FRCPath, Consultant Pediatric Pathologist, Department of Histopathology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK and Thomas S. Jacques, MA, PhD, MRCP, FRCPath, Clinician Scientist/Honorary Consultant, Neural Development Unit and Department of Histopathology, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK