|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
*2011 BMA Awards - Highly Commended in Anaesthesia Category*
Anaesthesia: Churchill's Ready Reference provides a practical compilation of investigations to assist in the everyday clinical management of the peri-operative and critically ill patient, and the parturient.
In this volume, the authors have included an abundance of diagrams, figures, and tables that they find helpful in understanding this area of medicine. It is hoped that the volume will guide clinicians in the interpretation of investigations encountered on a daily basis in this area of practice. This book is not meant to replace larger, more complete textbooks, but to complement them and will be useful at the bedside, in the office and for teaching.
- Quick reference guide to laboratory and other test results with associated normal values
- Includes guidance on equipment usage in the Intensive Care Unit
- Includes the latest guidelines from the European Resuscitation Council
- Abundant tables and artworks give rapid access to key information such as IV regimens and scoring systems
- Provides practical guidance on sedation and pain control
- Includes current international guidelines
By Michael (Monty) Mythen, MBBS FRCA MD, Smiths Medical Professor of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, University College London, London, UK
Director and Smiths Medical Professor of Anaesthesia and Critical Care; Edward Burdett, MBBS MA MRCP FRCA, Specialist Registrat, anaesthesia, Univetsity College Hospital, London, UK; Robert C. M. Stephens, BA MBBS FRCA, Consultant in Anaesthesia, University College London Hospitals and Research Training Fellow in Anaesthesia, Portex Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK and David Walker, BM MRCP FRCA, Consultant in Critical Care Medicine and Anaesthesia, University College London Hospitals, London, UK