Sims' Symptoms in the Mind E-Book, 4th Edition
|Print - Paperback||
Sims' Symptoms in the Mind has, since its first publication in 1988, become established as the leading introductory textbook on clinical psychopathology. This new edition has been fully updated to include advances in neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience and changes can be found in the chapters on memory disturbance, disorders of time, pathology of perception, disorders of speech and language, affect and emotional disorders, and disorders of volition and execution.
In some cases, novel classifications of the abnormalities under consideration have been provided together with additional pathological phenomena - including palinopsia, akinetopsia, zëitraffer phenomenon, exosomesthesia - many of which have been rediscovered or imported from neurology. The popular and distinctive features of Sims' Symptoms in the Mind of the use of figures, tables and illustrative case examples have been further enhanced with additional case examples from the classical literature, autobiographical narratives and fiction.
New to This Edition
- New section headings provide firmer thematic unity to the content
- Check boxes summarize important points such as classification of particular areas
- Additional examples of psychopathology are included which are drawn from a wide source including fiction, autobiography and clinical textbooks
- Includes an extended range of abnormalities, including those which have previously been neglected, such as alloaesthesia, palinaptia, teleopsia, pelopsia, akinetopsia, palinopsia, and paraprosopia
- Fully updated description of the theoretical aspects of memory and its disturbance
- Fully integrated neuropsychological concepts of imagery and internal mental representations in the chapter on abnormalities of perception
By Femi Oyebode, MBBS, MD, PhD, FRCPsych, Professor and Head of Department of Psychiatry, University of Birmingham, UK