Wheater's Functional Histology, 6th Edition
A Text and Colour Atlas (With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access)
Take a simple approach to understanding the fundamentals with Wheater's Functional Histology. Offering concise text accompanied by hundreds of captions and images of histology slides, this best-selling textbook will equip you with all the must-know histology information you need to complete your courses and ace your exams.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Gain a rich understanding of histology through simple, concise text and captions that are thoroughly updated with the most recent research and new discoveries.
- Recognize the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and how it relates to function with the help of over 900 high-quality histology images and illustrations.
- Master how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, including all of the images, a virtual histolab, and USMLE-style self-assessment questions and rationales.
"This is an excellent book that should be used by everyone starting to learn histology. It is superbly simple and colourful with informative diagrams that are clearly labelled! This book makes histology enjoyable: much better than staring for hours on end down a microscope and not knowing what you are looking at! I like the way it divides the sections into the different body systems. The index is very useful. High-quality illustrations are provided in this book and the printing quality is excellent. I will happily recommend it to all science and medical students!"
- BMA Awards 2007, review of the previous edition
By Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci (Hons), PhD, MB BChir, MRCP, FRCPA, Director of Anatomical Pathology, Hunter Area Pathology Service, John Hunter Hospital, Conjoint Associate Professor, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia; Geraldine O'Dowd, BSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCPath, Consultant Diagnostic Pathologist, Lanarkshire NHS Board, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland; Phillip Woodford, MB BS, FRCPA, Senior Staff Specialist, Anatomical Pathology and Cytopathology, Hunter Area Pathology Service, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia