The Midwife's Pocket Formulary E-Book, 3rd Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
In current midwifey practice, one of the competencies covered by midwives is medicines management. Midwives and students are required to have an understanding of the range of medicines used within their sphere of practice.The Midwife's Pocket Formulary provides both practising midwives and students with key information on the administration and management of medications in midwifery practice.
New to This Edition
- Information on drug calculations now includes neonatal calculation and alternative calculation methods used by some HEIs
- 'Antidepressants' expanded to include current treatment therapies for existing mental health conditions, with safety information and guidance on current medications
- 'Intravenous fluids' comprehensively updated and extended
- 'Emergency drugs' completely revised to complement the NICE and RCOG guidance, with medications for each emergency grouped and cross-referenced to aid the reader
- Supported by up-to-date clinical guidelines from the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Green top guidance
- Online pronunciation guide for drug terms and names.
- Essential information, at a glance
- Convenient, pocket-sized format
- Clear, worked examples of drug calculations