Master Dentistry, 3rd Edition
Volume 1: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Radiology, Pathology and Oral Medicine
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Master Dentistry is designed as a revision guide for dental students and presents the key elements of the curriculum in an easy-to-digest format. Based on sound educational principles, each volume in the series is fully illustrated throughout and is supported by extensive self-assessment questions which allow the reader to assess their own knowledge of the topic and perfect their exam techniques. This third edition has been fully updated throughout and addresses the oral and maxillofacial surgery, radiology, pathology and oral medicine aspects of dentistry. The Master Dentistry volumes are perfect for undergraduate students, vocational trainees and those preparing for post-graduate examinations such as the MJDF in the UK or international equivalent, and the ORE.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Each chapter has been fully revised and updated to reflect new research evidence and provide an international context including use of drug names
- The Human Disease and Patient Care chapter includes a new approach to medical risk assessment and updated guidance on the management of common medical emergencies
- Particularly significant changes in other chapters include surgical flap design, CBCT, radiotherapy, bisphosphonates, odontogenic keratocyst classification, zygoma implants, and contemporary specialist referral systems
- Information presented in a style which facilitates easy recall for examination purposes and a ready understanding of the subject
- Key facts are highlighted and principles of diagnosis and management emphasised
- Gives the reader an understanding of evidence-based practice in an international context
- Offers practical guidance on how to prepare for exams and make best use of the time available
- Perfect for BDS exam preparation and candidates taking the MJDF, ORE or other post-graduate exams
Comments about previous editions
The book provides a fantastic blend of core teaching and texts from the relevant disciplines, to allow students the opportunity to gain not only core knowledge but also the ability to approach clinical problem solving logically. The volume also conditions the student to make sensible, safe and informed decisions about patient management, not only for BDS/BChD/MFDS finals but also in the field of primary dental care. This knowledge, and informed decision making, not only aids the ability to rationalise clinical scenarios, but also promotes self appraisal and knowledge of when to refer to specialist colleagues.
4th Year BDS Student, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University
The Master Dentistry series provides a good overview of the subject areas and I found them particularly useful during exam times. The text is appropriately supplemented with great diagrams and the layout of the books makes all the subject areas easy to access and find.
At the end of each chapter there are self assessment questions which were really useful and would aid any student’s learning. Each chapter has a helpful overview and learning objectives are provided throughout each chapter.
The books give a great summary of all the subject areas they cover but need to be used in conjunction with a more detailed textbook. I used them quite often if I didn't understand a certain part of a lecture as the wording is easy to understand and is uncomplicated. They're a must for any dental student’s bookshelf!
By Paul Coulthard, BDS, MFGDP, MDS, FDSRCS, PhD, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Keith Horner, BChD, MSc, PhD, FDSRCPS, FRCR, DDR, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging, The University of Manchester; Honorary Consultant, Central Manchester and Manchester Children's University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK; Philip Sloan, BDS, PhD, FRCPath, FRSRCS, Consultant Histopathologist, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne; Honorary Professor, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, UK and Elizabeth D. Theaker, BDS, BSc, MSc, MPhil, Senior Clinical Teaching Fellow in Oral Medicine; Senior Tutor for Undergraduate Dental Studies, The University of Manchester, UK