Radiography and Radiology for Dental Care Professionals, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This volume continues to provide a useful reference manual which is ideal for all Dental Care Professionals. Offering a clear, easy-to-follow, comprehensive account of all aspects of dental radiography perfectly tailored to the needs of DCPs, this book is an important resource that renders it essential reading, particularly for those undertaking examinations in dental radiography.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- An all new online self assessment questions and answers module
- Includes a new chapter on cone beam technology
- Fully updated throughout with many new tables and images
- Clear and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- More than 600 tables and illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-access manner
- Led by the best known UK textbook author in the subject area who has been heavily involved in the British Dental Association's highly successful on-line course in dental radiography
- Contains what the Dental Care Professional needs to know and no more, i.e. basic principles of background science, practical details of radiography and an elementary account of radiological interpretation
Radiography and Radiology for Dental Nurses by Eric Whaites is an excellent resource for Dental Nurses undertaking the post qualification in Dental Radiography and also for other professions complementary to dentistry.
Dental Update, January / February 2006
Great informative book giving all the basics of radiation protection, technique and a helpful section on how to improve image quality with selection of poorly positioned radiographs. I recommend this title for the dental room in X-ray departments and/or dental nurses/students.
"Given the vast range of topics covered, I feel this book is aimed more towards those wishing to undertake a radiology qualification rather than all members of the dental team, although it may prove a useful tool in explaining the purpose and safety aspects to dental nurses/ students. Overall Radiography and Radiology for Dental Care Professionals is a fantastic resource and I would highly recommend this book to any DCPs taking a radiology course and to dental students and general dental practitioners alike looking to refresh their knowledge or learn more about dental imaging."
British Dental Journal, December 2013
By Eric Whaites, MSc BDS(Hons) FDSRCS(Edin) FDSRCS(Eng) FRCR DDRRCR, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, Head of the Unit of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiological Imaging, King’s College London Dental Institute at Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London, UK
and Nicholas Drage, BDS(Hons) FDSRCS(Eng) FDSRCPS(Glas) DDRRCR, Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, University Dental Hospital, Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, Cardiff, UK