Bailliere's Midwives' Dictionary, 12th Edition
The dictionary of choice for student midwives and practitioners, this reference provides a thorough and reliable first point of information. Revised and updated throughout, the 12th edition provides support and clear, brief information on all key terms.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Main entries increased, for ease of searching
- New terms for recent tests and investigations
- Mainly new artwork to update old-fashioned illustrations
- Genetic advances
- Online ancillaries: spellchecker, Word of the Day, weblinks.
- Comprehensive antenatal tests and investigations
- Infertility terminology and techniques
- Woman-friendly definitions
- Useful appendices
"I would like to thoroughly recommend the midwifery dictionary/ reference book as a must for every professional involved at whichever level in midwifery...The book is a great reference guide that could fit in your pocket, although more comfortably in you work bag. It is easy to read, especially when you need to know or refresh your memory on a subject in a hurry. The dictionary will be particularly helpful for midwifery and nursing students during clinical placement...Overall the dictionary is of good quality and an excellent standard- it is money well spent, especially as it is updated on a fourly yearly cycle, so you know that you have something up to date."
The Practising Midwife, January 2013
By Denise Tiran, MSc ADM PGCEA RM RGN
, Educational Director, Expectancy; Visiting Lecturer, University of Greenwich, London, UK