Clinical Problem Solving in Dentistry Text and Evolve eBooks Package, 3rd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This book is designed to explain to dental students the processes of diagnosis and treatment planning, through consideration of clinical cases and problems associated with aspects of all dental specialties. It presents a series of case histories from all the major areas of dentistry, and uses a question-and-answer format to guide readers through the process of examination, differential diagnosis, investigations, diagnosis and treatment. It prepares readers for the wide variety of problems likely to be encountered in clinical practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
This package provides you with the book plus the eBook - giving you the printed book, plus access to the complete book content electronically. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Dentistry eBooks.This book is designed to explain to dental students the processes of diagnosis and treatment planning, through consideration of clinical cases and problems which involve aspects of all the dental specialties.
- 56 cases in clinical dentistry are presented in a practical, problem-based approach, leading the reader toward the correct diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Treatment alternatives are explored and evaluated in terms of their advantages and disadvantages.
- Material from all the dental specialties is integrated in the cases presented, in order to cover the full range of real-world clinical problems.
- Color illustrations throughout bring the cases to life and clarify important concepts.
"...the value of this resource extends far beyond undergraduate teaching. Qualified practitioners, especially new graduates, would find the book a useful clinical practice reference manual. Postgraduate teachers and vocational trainers could benefit from the case study approach when preparinf for tutorials. When your first patient comes in with 'fractured incisors' and the next is a pain in the neck' this book might just be the place to which you should turn." Readers' Panel member, Dental Update, June 2004
- Thirteen new cases and updating of existing cases.
- More on behavioural management of nervous and difficult patients.
- More on paediatric dentistry
Edited by Edward W Odell, FDSRCS, MSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Oral Pathology and Medicine, King's College London, UK; Honorary Consultant in Oral Pathology, Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK