Periodontics E-Book, 6th Edition
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Dentistry eBooks.
The new edition of this now classic book, Periodontics, continues to provide readers with the essential information required to ensure a firm understanding of the subject of periodontology from both a basic science and clinical perspective. Authored by experts of international renown, this book is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate dental students as well as practitioners with an interest in oral medicine.
New to This Edition
- Includes 2007 NICE guidelines on antibiotic prophylaxis
- Revised section on local delivery of anti-microbials (LDA), including new products and research (Cochrane report)
- New discussion of host modulation therapy - including products such as Periostat
- Updated sections on gingival overgrowth, cleft palate, and splinting
- Revised sections on medically compromised patients such as those on long-term corticosteroid or anticoagulant therapy or with HIV and AIDS
- Updated section on mechanisms of disease, e.g. bacterial action, host response mechanisms
- New edition of one of the most respected UK textbooks on periodontology
- Published in full colour throughout, this volume offers a comprehensive overview of the subject area written by authorities of international renown
- Includes basic science and clinical aspects of periodontology
By Barry M. Eley, BDS, FDSRCS, PhD, Formerly Professor and Vice Chairman, Division of Periodontology and Preventive Dentistry, Guy's, King's and St Thomas' Dental Institute, London, UK; Mena Soory, FDSRCS, PhD, FHEA, Periodontology, King's College London Dental Institute, London, UK and J. D. Manson, MChD, PhD, FDSRCS, Formerly Senior Lecturer in Periodontology, Eastman Dental Institute, London, UK