Tidy's Physiotherapy, 15th Edition
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
A classic textbook and a student favourite, Tidy’s Physiotherapy aims to reflect contemporary practice of physiotherapy and can be used as a quick reference by the physiotherapy undergraduate for major problems that they may encounter throughout their study, or while on clinical placement. Tidy’s Physiotherapy is a resource which charts a range of popular subject areas. It also encourages the student to think about problem-solving and basic decision-making in a practice setting, presenting case studies to consolidate and apply learning.
In this fifteenth edition, new chapters have been added and previous chapters withdrawn, continuing its reflection of contemporary education and practice. Chapters have again been written by experts who come from a wide range of clinical and academic backgrounds. The new edition is complemented by an accompanying online ancillary which offers access to over 50 video clips on musculoskeletal tests, massage and exercise and an image bank along with the addition of crosswords and MCQs for self-assessment.
Now with new chapters on:
- Collaborative health and social care / interprofessional education
- Clinical leadership
- Muscle imbalance
- Sports management
- Acupuncture in physiotherapy
- Management of Parkinson’s and of older people
Part of the Physiotherapy Essentials series - core textbooks for both students and lecturers!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Online resources via Evolve Learning with video clips, image bank, crosswords and MCQs! Log on and register at http://evolve.elsevier.com/Porter/Tidy
- Case studies
- Additional illustrations
- Covers a comprehensive range of clinical, academic and professional subjects
- Annotated illustrations to simplify learning
- Definition, Key Point and Weblink boxes
- Online access to over 50 video clips and 100’s of dowloadable images (http://evolve.elsevier.com/Porter/Tidy)
Edited by Stuart Porter, Ph D BSc Hons, Grad. Dip. Phys., M.C.S.P. F.H.E.A.,S.R.P., Cert.M.H.S.
, Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Admissions officer full time programe, School of Health Care Professions, University of Salford, Manchester, UK