Contact Lens Complications, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Effectively manage even the most challenging contact lens complications with help from Contact Lens Complications, 3rd Edition! Award-winning author, clinician, and researcher Professor Nathan Efron presents a thoroughly up-to-date, clinician-friendly guide to identifying, understanding, and managing ocular response to contact lens wear.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay up to date with the latest advances and concepts in contact-lens-related ocular pathology, including findings from the Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS), the International Workshop on Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, a new approach to corneal inflammatory events and microbial keratitis, and new instrumentation and techniques for anterior eye examination.
- Find information quickly with the updated "Complications Quick-Find Index" at the beginning of the book - both a valuable aid to formulating a rapid diagnosis and treatment plan, and a useful study tool for examinations.
- Consult the most comprehensive and widely-used grading system available, as well as 350 new references that reflect an evidence-based approach, and dozens of superb new illustrations that help you instantly recognize clinical signs.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, as well as a downloadable image gallery, redesigned grading morphs, and upgraded self-help grading tutor programs that help you assess condition severity.
- Evaluate and manage patients efficiently with an organization that parallels your clinical decision making, arranging complications logically by tissue pathologies.
- Turn to the lavish illustrations and full-color schematic diagrams for a quick visual understanding of the causes and remedies for contact lens complications.
"Armed with Efron’s Contact Lens Complications, practitioners will be well prepared to help contact lens patients with successful lens wear. Every contact lens practice needs access to this book." Clinical and Experimental Optometry 96. 3 May 2013
"It is truly a companion to the Efron Grading Scales. It is a book that will be often used, and the comprehensive cited reference section is invaluable and will satisfy any curious mind. Overall, the book is a nice addition as a clinical reference in contact lenses and their related ocular pathologies." Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 90, No. 3, March 2013
"In summary, this latest third edition has been completely updated and revised to reflect the most current knowledge, research findings, technological developments, and updates in the contact lens field. Its easy-to-use design and systematic approach provide instant access to information that is ideal for use in a busy clinic or for exam revision." Optician, Dec 2012
"…we now have the whole edition available online via ExpertConsult.com. One simply visits the website, types in the activation code and hey presto you can access every page, image and more. The morphs are available for online viewing (or download) as is a grading tutor, which I found very useful…. The good news is that this 3rd edition contains around 60% more pages but costs around 40% less than the 2nd edition. It’s a no brainer really." New Zealand Optics, Sept 2012
By Nathan Efron, BScOptom PhD (Melbourne), DSc (Manchester), FAAO (Dip CCLRT), FIACLE, FCCLSA, FBCLA, FACO, Research Professor, School of Optometry and Vision Science, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia