Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics E-Book, 13th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Emery's Elements of Medical Genetics has been a best seller for over 30 years. Generations of students have appreciated its unique balance of basic science...genetics as applied to medicine...and clinical genetics. With its rigorously updated content and STUDENT CONSULT access, the 13th Edition of this classic text delivers even more learning opportunities! Clinical examples, improved clinical photographs, and multiple-choice and case-based review questions make state-of-the-art knowledge easier to learn than ever before. When you combine all of these enhancements with the succinct, straightforward, well-illustrated coverage that readers have always enjoyed, the result is a superb resource that helps you master the genetics you need to know.
New to This Edition
- Tap into the latest developments with new chapters on ophthalmic genetics, skeletal dysplasias, stem cell therapy, and genetics and the law.
- Stay informed with updated chapters on all aspects of genetics, from DNA technology and applications, developmental genetics, and polygenic and multifactorial inheritance through to pharmacogenetics, cancer genetics, and congenital abnormalities.
- Identify the genetic factors behind common diseases with a newly revised chapter dedicated solely to this important subject.
- See rare genetic disorders in stunning detail with improved clinical photographs.
- Better understand and apply basic principles of genetics to clinical situations.
- Quickly review key clinical knowledge with handy summary boxes.
- Know where to find further information online with a section dedicated to internet research.
- Test your knowledge with multiple-choice and case-based questions.
- Access the entire contents of the book online and view related content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles with STUDENT CONSULT access.
By Peter D Turnpenny, BSc, MB, ChB, FRCP, FRCPCH, Consultant Clinical Geneticist, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Senior Clinical Lecturer, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
and Sian Ellard, BSc, PhD, MRCPath, Consultant Clinical Molecular GeneticisT, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital
Professor of Human Molecular Genetics, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK