Mentoring, Learning and Assessment in Clinical Practice, 3rd Edition
A Guide for Nurses, Midwives and Other Health Professionals
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
New to This Edition
- direct reference to the mentoring and assessment of health care students in professions regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- reference to the Disability Act of 2010, and more detailed discussion on how to meet the needs of students with special needs, in particular students with dyslexia
- new appendix providing a comprehensive list of professional behaviours for assessment.
- particular focus on the management of the non-achieving and failing student, with reference to extensive, recent work on mentoring, learning and assessment of clinical practice
- critical exploration of professional accountability and associated legal ramifications surrounding learning and assessment of clinical practice
- detailed consideration of how to use a model for learning from experience as a framework to facilitate experience-based learning
- extensive reference to the legislation, standards and guidelines on pre-registration health care education published by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- additional material on the monitoring and assessment of professional conduct and behaviours.
By Ci Ci Stuart, BAppSci, MEd, RN, RM, MTD, Nursing/Midwifery Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sheffield, UK