Mentoring, Learning and Assessment in Clinical Practice, 3rd Edition
A Guide for Nurses, Midwives and Other Health Professionals
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
New to This Edition
- direct reference to the mentoring and assessment of health care students in professions regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- reference to the Disability Act of 2010, and more detailed discussion on how to meet the needs of students with special needs, in particular students with dyslexia
- new appendix providing a comprehensive list of professional behaviours for assessment.
- particular focus on the management of the non-achieving and failing student, with reference to extensive, recent work on mentoring, learning and assessment of clinical practice
- critical exploration of professional accountability and associated legal ramifications surrounding learning and assessment of clinical practice
- detailed consideration of how to use a model for learning from experience as a framework to facilitate experience-based learning
- extensive reference to the legislation, standards and guidelines on pre-registration health care education published by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- additional material on the monitoring and assessment of professional conduct and behaviours.
By Ci Ci Stuart, BAppSci, MEd, RN, RM, MTD, Nursing/Midwifery Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sheffield, UK