Community Pharmacy E-Book, 2nd Edition
- Thoroughly updated and revised
- A clearly structured and colourfully illustrated guide to the differential diagnosis of symptoms commonly seen by community pharmacists.
- Organised by body system, each chapter begins with a system overview and a brief guide to history-taking.
- Each symptom or condition examined according to background; prevalence; aetiology; arriving at a differential diagnosis; questions to ask the patient, and conditions to eliminate.
From reviews of the first edition
'Paul Rutter's timely book provides a well-structured guide to making differential diagnoses ... The comprehensive text is easy to read and there are many excellent illustrations. ... All community pharmacists - whatever their experience - will find this book an excellent continuing professional development resource. I recommend it.' The Pharmaceutical Journal
- Covers all the most common conditions and gives evidence to back up over-the-counter (OTC) recommendations.
- Puts the presenting symptoms into the primary-care context.
- Suggests which questions to ask to narrow down the possible diagnoses.
- Gives schematic summaries of how to arrive at a diagnosis.
- Evidence-based boxes as a guide for OTC medication.
- Practical prescribing summary tables.
- Hints and tips boxes for product use.
- Self-assessment sections.
- Colour images of important conditions.
- Chapter on specific product requests.
- Useful websites.
By Paul Rutter, BPharm MRPharmS PhD, Department of Pharmacy, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK