Community Pharmacy E-Book, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
- Thoroughly updated and revised
- A clearly structured and colourfully illustrated guide to the differential diagnosis of symptoms commonly seen by community pharmacists.
- Organised by body system, each chapter begins with a system overview and a brief guide to history-taking.
- Each symptom or condition examined according to background; prevalence; aetiology; arriving at a differential diagnosis; questions to ask the patient, and conditions to eliminate.
From reviews of the first edition
'Paul Rutter's timely book provides a well-structured guide to making differential diagnoses ... The comprehensive text is easy to read and there are many excellent illustrations. ... All community pharmacists - whatever their experience - will find this book an excellent continuing professional development resource. I recommend it.' The Pharmaceutical Journal
- Covers all the most common conditions and gives evidence to back up over-the-counter (OTC) recommendations.
- Puts the presenting symptoms into the primary-care context.
- Suggests which questions to ask to narrow down the possible diagnoses.
- Gives schematic summaries of how to arrive at a diagnosis.
- Evidence-based boxes as a guide for OTC medication.
- Practical prescribing summary tables.
- Hints and tips boxes for product use.
- Self-assessment sections.
- Colour images of important conditions.
- Chapter on specific product requests.
- Useful websites.
By Paul Rutter, BPharm MRPharmS PhD, Department of Pharmacy, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK