Rang & Dale's Pharmacology E-Book, 6th Edition
Student Textbook Award Winner and Highly Commended in the Basic and Clinical Sciences Category, BMA Awards 2007!
This new edition of the bestselling Rang & Dale's Pharmacology presents all the knowledge you need to get through your pharmacology course and beyond - using a clear and accessible approach that makes the material easy and interesting to learn, and moving from a molecular understanding of receptors and drug actions to the clinical uses of the most important groups of drugs.
A straightforward way to master a complex subject!
New to This Edition
- New chapter on lifestyle drugs, including Viagra
- Glossary of key terms for each chapter
- Thoroughly updated throughout with new text on topics such as: Antithrombotics, Cox 2 and 3 inhibitors, Pharmacogenetics, Biopharmaceuticals, Drug abuse and Complementary Medicine
- Extra self-assessment questions and 'Ask the Author' feature on website
- Progresses logically from a molecular understanding of receptors and drug actions to the clinical uses of the most important groups of drugs.
- Covers recent developments in areas such as cannabinoids and rimonabant, Cox 2 inhibitors, pharmacogenetics, biopharmaceuticals, and drug abuse.
- Discusses "lifestyle drugs" such as performance-enhancing substances, botulinum toxin, and Viagra®.
- Uses superb full-color illustrations to clarify even the most complex concepts, and color-coded chapters to make navigation easy.
- Includes STUDENT CONSULT access at no additional charge.
By Humphrey P. Rang, MB BS MA DPhil Hon FBPharmacolS FMedSci FRS , Emeritus Professor of Pharmacology, University College London, London, UK; Maureen M. Dale, MB BCh PhD, Senior Teaching Fellow, Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK; James M. Ritter, DPhil FRCP FBPharmacolS FMedSci, Emeritus Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, King's College London, and Medical Research Director, Quintiles, London, UK and Rod Flower