Cranial Manipulation E-Book, 2nd Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Manual Therapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.Cranial manipulation is a fast-growing area of manual therapy practice. In the new edition of Cranial Manipulation Theory and Practice Leon Chaitow, together with four expert contributors, present the latest thinking on the use of this valuable approach, together with the most up-to-date research evidence to support its use. Osteopathic biomechanical, as well as biodynamic, concepts are thoroughly examined, as are chiropractic and dental approaches, involving cranial and cranio-facial manipulation.
Written in the style of a clinical manual, incorporating numerous palpation, assessment and treatment exercises, the text is easy to follow and links the theory to the practical problems of the clinician. The book is unique in describing both soft tissue and osseous applications, and in providing the practitioner/therapist with guidance on which option to select in different clinical situations. The details of the techniques described are supported by high-quality illustrations and practical exercises are included to help improve clinical skills.
New to This Edition
- Written by one of the most highly respected practitioners in the field.
- A companion CD-ROM contains the entire text as well as video segments demonstrating how to perform the technique.
- Icons in the text direct readers to video footage on the CD-ROM that demonstrates the technique as it's described.
- Expanded information is provided on the use of this technique with children.
- A question-and-answer format has been incorporated into several chapters.
- A new chapter addresses conditions most commonly treated successfully with this technique.
- New two-color design clarifies the illustrations and makes the text easy to follow.
- New contributed chapters discuss the scope of cranial work, the biodynamic model of osteopathy in the cranial field, chiropractic in the cranial field, the link between cranial dysfunction, and the teeth from a dental perspective.
- Cranial osteopathic, cranio-sacral, sacro-occipital (chiropractic), cranio-facial, and dental methods and perspectives are explained and compared.
- Evidence-based coverage highlights the clinical relevance of the latest research findings.
- Both osseous and soft tissue assessment and treatment options, and offers guidance on appropriate selection.
- Clear line drawings supplement the text.
- Important discussions of theory support guidelines for putting concepts into practice.
- Numerous exercises on palpation, assessment, and treatment allow the reader to practice techniques and check their understanding as they go.
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK