Atlas of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The Atlas of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, 4th Edition, by Drs. Stephen A. Morse, King K. Holmes, Adele A. Moreland, MD, and Ronald C. Ballard, provides you with an exclusive gallery of STD and AIDS images so you can better diagnose and treat these diseases. Approximately 1,100 unique images - most in full color and 30% new to this edition - depict the clinical signs associated with each type of infection, and can now be accessed and downloaded online via Expert Consult for the very first time. You'll also find expert guidance on new vaccines, screening techniques, treatment guidelines, and best practices in the field.
New to This Edition
- Effectively diagnose all types of STDs and HIV/AIDS with approximately 1,100 images-most in full color and more than 30% new to this edition-that depict the epidemiology as well as the clinical manifestations of these diseases.
- Access the full contents online and download all of the images.
- Effectively utilize new vaccines for HPV and Hepatitis B, new screening tests for Chlamydia, new drugs under development, new treatment guidelines and best practices in HIV screening, and much more.
- Get expert advice on the tests available to reach a definitive diagnosis and review therapeutic options, treatment guidelines, prevention strategies, and management of complications.
- Access appendices on the selection and evaluation of diagnostic tests, quality control, and test technologies.
By Stephen A. Morse, , National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA; King K. Holmes, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Center for AIDS and STD, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Ronald C. Ballard, PhD, Branch Chief, Division of AIDS, STDs, and TB Laboratory Research, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA