Wall & Melzack's Textbook of Pain, 6th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please call 1-800-545-2522 for availability
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Anaesthesia category!
Apply the latest scientific and clinical advances with Wall & Melzack's Textbook of Pain, 6th Edition. Drs. Stephen McMahon, Martin Koltzenburg, Irene Tracey, and Dennis C. Turk, along with more than 125 other leading authorities, present all of the latest knowledge about the genetics, neurophysiology, psychology, and assessment of every type of pain syndrome. They also provide practical guidance on the full range of today's pharmacologic, interventional, electrostimulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Translate scientific findings into clinical practice with updates on the genetics of pain, new pharmacologic and treatment information, and much more.
- Easily visualize important scientific concepts with a high-quality illustration program, now in full color throughout.
- Choose the safest and most effective management methods with expanded coverage of anesthetic techniques.
- Stay abreast of the latest global developments regarding opioid induced hyperalgesia, addiction and substance abuse, neuromodulation and pain management, identification of specific targets for molecular pain, and other hot topics.
- Benefit from the international, multidisciplinary knowledge and experience of a "who's who" of international authorities in pain medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience, psychiatry, psychology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, palliative medicine, and other relevant fields.
- Access the complete contents online anytime, anywhere at www.expertconsult.com.
"As the editors point out, many thousands of journal articles have been written on pain. This book has digested the literature and presented it at a level that can be absorbed in this large and complete book. The first three sections cover the neurobiology, assessment and psychology, and pharmacology and treatment of pain, followed by lengthy sections on clinical states, including somatic, visceral, headache/facial neuropathic, and cancer pain. Chapters are thorough and generally consistent in format. The only shortcoming of this otherwise excellent book is that many chapters could benefit from more extensive illustrations, including photographs and/or schematic drawings. Also, it takes some effort to seek the references, which are provided only online through an accompanying website."-Martin Dauber, MD(University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) Doody Review: 4 stars
By Stephen McMahon, FMedSci, FSB, Sherrington Professor of Physiology, Director, London Pain Consortium, Academic Lead, Europain, Wolfson Centre for Age-Related Diseases, King's College London, UK; Martin Koltzenburg, MD, FRCP, Professor of Clinical Neurophysiology, UCL Institute of Neurology; Co-Director, MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, University College London; Head of Department, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosuryger, UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, Queen Square, London, UK; Irene Tracey, MA (Oxon.), PhD, FRCA, Nuffield Professor of Anaesthetic Science; Director, Oxford Centre for FMRI of Brain; Head, Nuffield Division Anaesthetics, Nuttfield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK and Dennis C. Turk, PhD, John and Emma Bonica Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Research, Director, Center for Pain Research on Impact, Measurement, And Effectiveness (C-PRIME), Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicien, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA