A Clinician's Guide
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Neurological Assessment is a quick reference tool to identifying those all important links to pathology and physiology – crucial for efficient clinical reasoning and ultimately better patient care. Based around one potential sub-problem encountered by neurologically-impaired patients, each assessment chapter begins with a Summary Bite and then provides photographic guidance on how to examine and define the problem with an explanation as to why it is important to assess it. All sections give detailed reasoning on any possible findings from the assessment technique and an example of how to record the procedure. Blank notes areas throughout encourage the clinician to reflect on the technique carried out and to consider the overall impression from the patient, so facilitating the process of clinical reasoning.
Part of the Physiotherapist’s Toolbox Series – unlock your key skills! Perfect for use on placement and in the clinic.Table of Contents
- Highly illustrated with clear step-by-step guidance
- Includes five main pathologies and basic neuroanatomy to support clinical reasoning
- Primarily aimed at guiding clinical assessment
- Hints, Tips and Caution boxes provide easy to digest small packages of information essential to clinical practice
- All sections follow the same structure and format for ease of use
- Spiral-binding allows for easy, lie-flat reference
By Karen Jones, BSc(Hons), MSc, Lecturer in Physiotherapy, School of Healthcare Studies, Wales college of Medicine, Biology Life and Health Sciencesm, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK