Essential Human Disease for Dentists E-Book
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically. Evolve eBooks allow you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Dentistry eBooks.
A concise pocketbook for dental students and general dental practitioners, covering general medicine and the implications of medical conditions for dental practice.
- Concentrates on the essential core of knowledge on human disease needed by the dentist.
- Focuses on the implications of conditions and drug treatment for dental practice, with important practice points emphasized in boxes.
- Uses standardised headings for each condition and concise text to make instant reference easy in clinical situations.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of relevant conditions from cardiovascular and respiratory disease through to psychiatric disorders, extremes of age and pregnancy.
- Covers an area that has considerable medicolegal relevance for today's dentists - failure to take account of pre-existing conditions or drug treatments may lead to litigation.
- Includes procedures for dealing with medical emergencies in the dental surgery are described.
- Illustrated in full colour.
By Christopher Sproat, BDS(Lond), FDSRCS(Eng), MB, BS(Hons)(Lond), Lecturer in Human Disease, Department of Oral Surgery, GKT Dental Institute, London, UK; Georgina Burke, Research Fellow in Neurology, Oxford, UK and Mark McGurk, Professor, Department of Oral Surgery, GKT Dental Institute, London, UK
Baker Oil Tools, Houston, TX