Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine E-Book, 2nd Edition
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Dentistry eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
'Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine, 2nd edition' continues to present the basics of the specialty in an accessible and digestible format.
Avoiding excessive detail, the prize-winning book offers sound guidance on the whole range of common and potentially serious disorders that are routinely encountered in clinical practice. 'Oral and Maxillofacial Medicine, 2nd edition' places a strong emphasis on practical issues with a clear 'how to' approach and easy access to information via the liberal use of artworks, tables, colour photographs, patient care pathways and chapter summary boxes.
Completely revised and updated, with additional text and illustrations, this volume is ideal for senior dental students, dental practitioners and for trainees and practitioners in oral medicine, surgery and pathology in particular.
New to This Edition
- Fully updated throughout to ensure currency of information
- New chapters on sialorrhoea, drooling and adverse drug reactions
- Revised page design with liberal use of bullet points, algorithms, tables and summary boxes - all with new colour photography - for easy access to information
- Increased number of diagnostic algorithms to help build diagnostic skills
- Summary boxes at the end of each section further facilitate rapid-access to information and aid retention of key facts
- An accessible account of the basics of oral and maxillofacial medicine from one of the best-selling dental authors world-wide
- Explores common presenting complaints such as cervical lymphadenopathy, lumps and swellings, soreness and ulceration
- Highlights the conditions which are most important - whether because of frequency, or potential seriousness e.g. aphthae, denture-induced stomatitis, temporomandibular joint pain-dysfunction syndrome and oral cancer
- Presents key information in a templated, easily-readable, practical manner - ideal for the busy clinical environment
- Contains clear guidance on how to talk with patients and their relatives and provides sample patient advice information
- Previous edition was WINNER OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF MEDICINE/SOCIETY OF AUTHORS BOOK AWARDS IN THE 'NEW AUTHORED BOOK' CATEGORY
By Crispian Scully, CBE MD PhD MDS MRCS BSc FDSRCS FDSRCPS FFDRCSI FDSRCSE FRCPath FMedSci FHEA FUCL DSc DChD DMed[HC] DrHC, Emeritus Professor, University College London, London, UK Professor of Oral Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK; Consultant, United Bristols Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Consultant University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
and Crispian Scully, CBE MD PhD MDS MRCS BSc FDSRCS FDSRCPS FFDRCSI FDSRCSE FRCPath FMedSci FHEA FUCL DSc DChD DMed[HC] DrHC, Emeritus Professor, University College London, London, UK Professor of Oral Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK; Consultant, United Bristols Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Consultant University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK