Sociology as Applied to Medicine E-Book, 5th Edition
|Print - Paperback||
An introduction to medical sociology for medical students, health professionals of all kinds and sociology students.
New to This Edition
- coverage of ongoing changes and crises in National Health Service
- discussion of different methods of healthcare funding.
- updating throughout
- new page design with larger typeface
- A concise and jargon-free introduction to medical sociology - accessible and readable for medical students with little time to devote to this subject.
- Practical emphasis on essential social issues : the doctor-patient relationship, social class, ethnic minority groups, organization of health services.
- Attractive two colour page design with boxed summaries
By Graham Scambler, BSc, PhD, Professor of Medical Sociology; Director, Centre for Sociological Theory & Research on Health, Research Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, UK