Aulton's Pharmaceutics E-Book, 3rd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Pharmacy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
Pharmaceutics is one of the most diverse subject areas in all of pharmaceutical science. In brief, it is concerned with the scientific and technological aspects of the design and manufacture of dosage forms for medicines. An understanding of pharmaceutics is therefore vital to all pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists who are involved in converting a drug or a potential drug into a medicine that can be delivered safely, efficiently and conveniently to the patient.
Professor Aulton's Pharmaceutics has become established as the clearest, most comprehensive textbook on this subject. The book provides pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students with the latest information on all aspects of pharmaceutics.
New to This Edition
- two new chapters on the principles and practice of sterilization
- dosage-form design and delivery material thoroughly updated
- product stability and stability testing of medicinal products section totally rewritten and expanded to include more of the relevant chemistry
- reflects current and future use of biotechnology products throughout
- changes in our understanding of biopharmaceutics, certain areas of drug delivery and the significance of the solid state all reflected
- new page size and design
- new photographs of equipment and apparatus
- provides a logical, comprehensive account of drug design and manufacture
- includes the science of formulation and drug delivery
- designed and written for newcomers to the design of dosage forms
By Michael E. Aulton, BPharm, PhD, FAAPS, MRPharmS, Professor of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK; Michael E. Aulton and Kevin M.G. Taylor, BPharm PhD FAAPS FRPharmS, Professor of Clinical Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK