Nurse Practitioner Manual of Clinical Skills E-Book, 2nd Edition
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Nursing eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
This a comprehensive skills manual is designed for students and qualified NPs in health care who are learning to talk to patients, examine them, and to understand and assess their problems. It deals with the health history, common and important symptoms, and the assessment of mental status. In sections devoted to body regions and body systems, the book describes the sequence and techniques of physical examination, and helps the reader to identify selected abnormalities. It emphasizes common or important problems (rather than the infrequent or esoteric) found in both adult and childhood conditions. The sections are designed to help readers apply their knowledge to interpreting symptoms, examining the human body, and understanding physical signs. It is an invaluable resource written specifically for Nurse Practitioners by Nurse Practitioners.
New to This Edition
- More material relating to health education and management of minor illness
- More reference to lab findings and implications of results
- Guidelines on recording specific finding in clinical notes
- New chapters on men's health and women's health Health promotion and prevention of disease incorporated into all chapters
- each chapter follows a template to enable quick access to and assimilation of information
- comprehensive coverage of all body systems will reassure NPs that the book contains everything they need to know about
- written and edited by Nurse Practitioners to ensure it meets the need of practising NPs
- it emphasizes common or important problems (rather than the infrequent or esoteric) found in both adult and childhood conditions so the content is immediately applicable to clinical practice
By Sue Cross, BSc(Hons), PGCE, RN, NPDip, International Liaison for RCN, NPA; Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Vice Chair of the International Council of Nurses, Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nursing Network. and Vanny Rimmer, BSc(Hons), Health Studies NPDip, QN, RGN