Health Visiting E-Book, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$53.95|
|Print - Paperback||$53.95|
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Nursing eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
This book is an essential resource for health visiting students that reflects the key changes required of health visiting practice at the beginning of the new millennium. It is a key text for specialist practitioner programmes and also for existing practitioners who are furthering their practice and academic development. It brings together the elements of theory and practice which are essential to health visiting practice. The book is research based and uses relevant evidence to support discussions. A particular strength is the use of case studies and practice examples to illustrate the theoretical discussions.
New to This Edition
- Fully updated throughout to reflect changes in practice including re-organisation of the health care service, changes in social policy, child protection and nurse prescribing.
- New chapters on Working with individuals and families; Working with social groups and communities; Working with socially excluded groups; Quality improvement through leading and managing change; and Nurse prescribing.
- Content reorganised to reflect changes in emphasis of various issues in practice
- Addition of useful websites for further information
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of health visiting practice will give the new practitioner confidence
- Case studies help to relate the theory to practice
- The up to date evidence base includes the latest research
- The wide range of contributors ensures that the content is written by experts in their field
- Coverage of aggression and violence, the needs of ethnic minorities, and complementary therapies reflects the growing role of the HV in relation to contemporary issues
By Anne Robotham, MEd, BA, RGN, ONC, DipN(Lond), RHV, CertEd(FE), HVT, CPT, FPCert, Principal Lecturer in Community Health, University of Wolverhampton, UK and Marion Frost, Senior Lecturer, Community Health Care (Health Visiting), South Bank University, London, UK