Dictionary of Physiotherapy E-Book
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$38.99|
|Print - Paperback||$50.95|
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Physiotherapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
This easy to follow and portable reference guide is the first International dictionary and glossary specific to physiotherapy. This is a highly illustrated collection of terms, concepts and definitions that student and qualified physiotherapists need to know and will encounter in their study programmes. It has contributions from many of the top names in the field of Physiotherapy. Expanding on simple definitions, Dictionary of Physiotherapy covers important themes and topics with accompanying diagrams, notes and web links.
- Many themes and topics related to physiotherapy are addressed, making the scope of this book much broader than a traditional dictionary.
- In-depth entries are provided for musculoskeletal and spinal terms, respiratory terms, neurological terms, psychosocial terms, electrotherapy terms, research terms, and general medical and surgical terms, as well as academic terms.
- A helpful appendix describes how to write academic essays and assignments.
- Common medical abbreviations, prefixes, and suffixes are listed for convenient reference.
- Vibrant illustrations clarify complex concepts and techniques.
By Stuart Porter, Ph D BSc Hons, Grad. Dip. Phys., M.C.S.P. F.H.E.A.,S.R.P., Cert.M.H.S.
, Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Admissions officer full time programe, School of Health Care Professions, University of Salford, Manchester, UK