The Science & Practice of Manual Therapy E-Book, 2nd Edition
|Print - Paperback||$99.99|
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Manual Therapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
The Science and Practice of Manual Therapy, previously entitled The Fundamentals of Manual Therapy, is an extensive examination of how manual therapy (MT) techniques work, and how to match the most suitable techniques to different conditions. Drawing on evidence-based research, it explores the physiological, neurological and psychophysiological responses of the human body to MT techniques.
A highly practical book, which provides useful clinical strategies for the treatment of common conditions seen in manual therapy practice. This new edition has been completely rewritten, extensively updated and expanded, with addition of new research material, novel clinical approaches and demonstration of new techniques and assessments.
The text aims to assist practitioner and students of manual therapy develop a deeper understanding of their patient's processes and how they may be affected by different MT techniques. It aims to help MT practitioners deliver a more effective and safer treatment and to be able to treat a broader range of conditions
New to This Edition
- Content is completely rewritten, extensively updated and expanded, adding new research material, novel clinical approaches, and demonstrations of new techniques and assessments.
- Pain coverage is expanded.
- More information is included on the responses of muscle to mechanical stimuli when applying MT techniques.
- Comprehensive overview helps provide an understanding of how and why MT techniques work.
- Content is written in jargon-free, easy-to-read style, with most terms explained.
- Text is enhanced by over 120 diagrams, photographs and tables.
- Manual pain relief is extensively discussed throughout the book.
- Section 1 examines the direct effects of manual therapy on connective tissue and muscle physiology, examining how MT can help assist repair and adaptation processes in these tissues.
- Section 2 examines the effect of MT on the neuromuscular system, identifying conditions where neuromuscular dysfunctions can be treated by MT.
- Section 3 examines the psychological, emotional and behavioral impacts of MT, in addition to the psychophysiological affects of MT, including psychomotor, neuroendocrine, and autonomic responses.
- More than 1,000 references relevant to manual therapy are included, making this an essential source book for students and researchers of MT.
By Eyal Lederman, DO, PhD, Eyal Lederman, Director, Centre for Professional Development in Osteopathy and Manual Therapy, London, UK; Visiting Professor, University College London (UCL) Institute of Orthopaedics and Musculoskeletal Science; and Practising Osteopath