Electrotherapy Explained E-Book, 4th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$72.95|
|Print - Paperback||$72.95|
Electrotherapy Explained is an excellent research-based exploration of the major types of electrophysical agents used in clinical practice, particularly human and also animal.
For the fourth edition, two new authors join the writing team, presenting the latest information for today's clinicians. The text has been completely updated with a major rewrite of the material, particularly that on electrical stimulation. This book continues to focus on evidence: clinical and biophysical evidence that affects how and which electrotherapies may be of use clinically and when.
The inclusion of biophysics as well as clinical evidence and principles of application, enables clinicians to move away from traditional 'recipe-based' approaches and rely more on their own clinical reasoning. The focus remains on humans but the relevance of the principles for using and applying different modalities is explained clearly, providing guidelines for clinicians across disciplines and specialties.
Electrotherapy Explained continues to be the essential text for all those looking for an accessible introduction to the underlying principles and clinical practice of electrotherapy.
- Up to date research detailing the evidence both supportive and deprecatory for the use of each modality
- Written by experts from biophysics and the clinical domains
- Comprehensive and well referenced
- Clear and well chosen illustrations elucidate the text
- Text boxes and summary sections help to break down what is sometimes a complex subject into manageable and memorable chunks
- Contraindications and risks have been updated in light of the most recent research
- Three books for the price of one - the CD-ROM contains the entire texts of 'Physical Principles Explained' by Low and Reed, and 'Biophysical Bases of Electrotherapy' by Ward. The text directs readers to the CD for further reading at relevant points
By Val Robertson, PhD, Professor, University of Newcastle, Australia; Alex Ward, PhD, Senior Lecturer, Department of Human Physiology and Anatomy; La Trobe University, Australia; John Low, BA(Hons), FCSP, DipTP, Formerly Acting Principal, School of Physiotherapy, Guy's Hospital, London, UK and Ann Reed, BA, MCSP, DipTP, Formerly Senior lecturer, Department of Health Sciences, University of East London, UK