Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation E-Book, 7th Edition
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Physiotherapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
This classic text has become one of the foundation texts for all modern manual therapists. Maitland's Concept of Manipulative Therapy is established as one of the standard approaches to spinal manipulative techniques, and Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation is an indispensable and authoritative guide to this approach.
New to This Edition
- New two-color format adds visual interest and clarifies important concepts, featuring an enhanced layout with user-friendly bullet points and summaries.
- All chapters have been expanded and enhanced to reflect evidence-based information and current practice.
- Techniques are now illustrated with high-quality photographs instead of line drawings, making techniques remarkably clear and easy to follow.
- Each technique for examination and treatment is accompanied by a video sequence on the accompanying CD-ROM.
- The Maitland Concept of manipulative physiotherapy uses unique assessment processes that serve as the basis for clinical practice.
- Evidence-based material is accessible and relevant to clinical practice.
- Boxes are highlighted in color to reinforce key concepts.
- Discussion of clinical pathology includes clear explanations of treatments.
- Assessment and treatment of patients is clearly explained.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and application of processes.
By Geoff D. Maitland, MBE, AUA, FCSP, FACP, SASP, MapplSc, Consultative Manipulative Therapist, South Australia, Australia; Elly Hengeveld, MSc, BPT, OMT, SVOMP, Senior Teacher, International Maitland Teachers' Association, Oberentfelden, Switzerland; Kevin Banks, BA, MCSP, SRP, IMTA Member, Chartered Physiotherapist, Rotherham Primary Care NHS Trust, UK and Kay English, Dip Tech(Physiotherapy), Grad Dip Adv Manip Ther, MMPAA, MAPA, Private Practitioner, South Australia, Australia