Maitland's Peripheral Manipulation E-Book, 4th Edition
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||$77.99|
|Print - Paperback||$119.00|
The Pageburst™ E-Only version of this titles gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Pageburst™ enhances learning by not only bringing world class content to your fingertips but also letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it all in a way that suits you. Pageburst™ frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
This classic text has become one of the foundational texts for all modern manual therapists. The fourth edition has been extensively revised by two authors who have worked closely with Geoff Maitland and have added invaluable and up-to-date input in the revision of this new edition. The accompanying CD-ROM contains videos of all relevant examination and treatment techniques. All line drawings have been replaced with high quality photographs which, together with the CD-ROM and the book's new layout, afford a more in-depth and user-friendly experience for readers.
* Please note that this version is the Pageburst ebook only, and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively you can purchase the printed book with access to Pageburst included - this gives you both the printed and the electronic version together.
New to This Edition
- New two-colour format adds visual interest and clarifies important concepts, featuring an enhanced layout with user-friendly bullet points and summaries.
- All chapters have been expanded and enhanced to reflect evidence-based information and current practice.
- Each technique for examination and treatment is accompanied by a video sequence on the accompanying CD-ROM.
- The chapter on Communication and the Therapeutic Relationship addresses the essence of communication as a tool for gathering information as well as shaping therapeutic relationships.
- Techniques are now illustrated with high-quality photographs instead of line drawings, making techniques remarkably clear and easy to follow.
- A new chapter on Contemporary Perspectives in Physiotherapy Practice integrates the Maitland Concept into contemporary perspectives of physiotherapy, including clinical reasoning, biopsychosocial paradigms, and qualitative and quantitative research.
- An additional appendix examines self-management strategies for patients.
- Updated material throughout includes reference to International Classification of Functioning, Disabilities and Health (ICF), neurophysiological pain-mechanisms, biopsychosocial paradigms, current definitions and descriptions of physiotherapy practice.
- The Maitland Concept of manipulative physiotherapy uses unique assessment processes that serve as the basis for clinical practice.
- Evidence-based material is accessible and relevant to clinical practice.
- Boxes are highlighted in color to reinforce key concepts.
- Discussion of clinical pathology includes clear explanations of treatments.
- Assessment and treatment of patients is clearly explained.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and application of processes.
- Chapter summaries are presented at the beginning of each chapter, including a glossary of terms.
- The role of self-management strategies is described within the context of overall management, addressing principles of compliance enhancement and aspects of behavioural change.
By Elly Hengeveld, MSc, BPT, OMT, SVOMP, Senior Teacher, International Maitland Teachers' Association, Oberentfelden, Switzerland and Kevin Banks, BA, MCSP, SRP, IMTA Member, Chartered Physiotherapist, Rotherham Primary Care NHS Trust, UK