Feline Orthopedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Disease E-Book
This eBook provides access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst (formerly Evolve eBooks) allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Pageburst titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of eBooks.
Feline Orthopedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Disease is the first book dedicated specifically to treating cats with disorders in this specific area. The practice of feline orthopedic surgery and traumatology has developed to a great extent over the last ten years as cat ownership is increasing and this textbook discusses new veterinary diagnostic procedures and surgical techniques that have been developed that veterinarians, residents and students working in the field of internal medicine need to know about.
- Covers the basics of feline anesthesia, analgesia, preoperative and postoperative care of the patient, orthopedic instrumentation and implants
- Contains detailed sections on investigation and diagnosis of feline orthopedic diseases and injuries, with specific chapters on diseases of the footpads and nails, tumors of the musculoskeletal system, and polytrauma
- Surgical techniques of feline orthopedic diseases and injuries are explained step-by-step with many schematic illustrations
- Presents both classical treatments using cost-effective implants and new osteosynthesis techniques using modern implants
- Over 20 new and original surgical methods are included
Edited by P. M. Montavon, Prof. Dr med. Vet., Clinic for Small Animal Surgery, Vetsuisse Faculty University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland; Katja Voss, Dr. med. vet. ECVS, Clinic for Small Animal Surgery, Vetsuisse Faculty University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland and Sorrel J Langley-Hobbs, MA BVetMed DSAS(O) DECVS FHEA MRCVS, Professor of Small Animal Orthopaedic Surgery
European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
School of Veterinary Sciences
University of Bristol