Exotic Animal Medicine - E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$91.95|
Exotic Animal Medicine: A Quick Reference Guide provides readily accessible, user-friendly information for veterinarians who do not have detailed knowledge of the majority of exotic pet species. The book gives the key points on differential diagnoses and diagnostics, along with background information on a wide variety of exotic pets. It is formatted so that, whether experienced with exotics or not, the clinician can at a glance:
- view the likely conditions to be encountered within that species or animal group
- develop a potential differential diagnosis list quickly
- initiate an investigational plan
- view treatment regimes
Species covered include ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, pet rats, hamsters and other small rodents; parrots, budgerigars and related species, canaries, finches, toucans; lizards, snakes, tortoises and turtles, frogs, salamanders; pond fish, tropical freshwater fish and tropical marine fish.
With practical hints given on such topics as handling, nursing care and anaesthesia, Exotic Animal Medicine will also be invaluable to veterinary students, nurses and technicians around the world.
- Covers all the commonly encountered exotic pets in one volume
- Organization of chapters by species and clinical signs
- A standard approach to information presentation, enabling the clinician to access information even more efficiently
- Suitable for veterinarians all over the world with an introduction written by an American specialist in this field
- Readily accessible, user-friendly: written in note form
By Lance Jepson, MA, VetMB, CBiol, MIBiol, MRCVS, Honorary Lecturer in Exotic Medicine, Vet4dragons, Fenton Veterinary Practice, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, UK