Cranial Osteopathy E-Book
The eBook version of this title gives you access to the complete book content electronically*. Evolve eBooks allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Evolve eBooks titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of Manual Therapy eBooks.
*Please note that this version is the eBook only and does not include the printed textbook. Alternatively, you can buy the Text and Evolve eBooks Package (which gives you the printed book plus the eBook). Please scroll down to our Related Titles section to find this title.
Cranial osteopathy is an increasingly popular treatment approach for many common disorders affecting the head and neck. This new clinical guide is the first and only in-depth resource on the subject, offering a comprehensive analysis of osteopathic dysfunctions and principles in the cranial field. It examines each cranial bone and describes its location, development, and clinical implications of dysfunction. This discussion is followed by guidance on inspection, palpation, biomechanical and biodynamical approach to the motility of each cranial bone, and explanations of appropriate intrasutural or intraosseal techniques. Excellent illustrations and step-by-step sequencing of techniques make this book an exceptionally valuable resource for clinical practice.
- Comprehensive approach offers in-depth coverage of the theory and practice of cranial osteopathy, as well as the anatomy and interrelationships of the structures involved.
- Logically organized, easy-to-follow chapters employ consistent headings for each structure and step-by-step sequencing of techniques.
- Extensive illustrations include high quality photographs and line drawings to clarify important concepts.
- The osteopathic methodology and treatment techniques are described for all cranial structures, including the osteopathic approach to headaches.
- A comprehensive chapter on the temporo mandibular joint includes detailed coverage of TMJ dysfunction and the osteopathic approach to treatment.
By Torsten Liem, DO, Osteopath GosC (GB), Principal, Osteopathie Schule, Deutschland GbR, Hamburg, Germany