Maintaining Body Balance, Flexibility & Stability E-Book
This eBook provides access to the complete book content electronically. Pageburst (formerly Evolve eBooks) allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Pageburst titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic "bookshelf", so that you can search across your entire library of eBooks.
With a focus on helping clients participate in the self-management of their own treatment, this collection of effective and safe techniques and exercises provides practical information on relaxing muscles in spasm and easing associated muscular pain. Reader-friendly and accessible, it provides numerous exercises that can be used to treat existing conditions or to prevent further injury. While the exercises can be used in a management program under the direction of any therapist involved in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, they are also ideal for home use - so patients can do them without special equipment or the assistance of others.
- Safe and effective exercise techniques help patients relieve tense muscles and ease related pain.
- Numerous, colorful illustrations are included throughout the text to provide a better understanding of techniques.
- Clear and easy-to-follow explanations of each technique improve readability and comprehension.
- Expert guidance helps readers select the appropriate exercise for each situation.
- Content helps patients remember what the therapist wants them to do between one consultation and the next.
- The role of the patient in maintaining his or her own fitness is emphasized to ensure successful treatment outcomes.
- All of the exercises can be done at home - without special equipment or hands-on involvement of the practitioner.
- Plastic cards inside the back cover provide exercises and instructions for patients to use at home.
By Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK