Neurology and General Medicine E-Book, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Better understand your patients' complete medical profile and provide the best possible care! This one-of-a-kind reference provides a practical look at neurological disease and how it affects, and is affected by, other disease. It helps neurologists manage patients with co-existing medical conditions, and helps internists understand and treat the neurological manifestations of patients' primary diseases. A new emphasis on diagnosis and management-including advances in pharmacology, genetic-based therapies, and new imaging techniques-makes this 4th Edition more clinically valuable than ever!
New to This Edition
- Expanded chapters emphasize key diagnostic and therapeutic information, including appropriate testing and treatments for neurological disease.
- An emphasis on advances in pharmacology and new imaging techniques helps you better manage your patients and understand how new drugs or therapies will affect your patients and practice.
- New chapters on auditory and vestibular disease, ocular disease, and cutaneous disease provide a well-rounded look at the specialty.
- Updated illustrations make complex concepts easier to understand and apply.
- Focused content highlights the vital links between neurology and other medical specialties, promoting a better understanding of all disciplines, as well as enhancing patient care.
- Comprehensive coverage of advances in pharmacology, such as new antibiotics for infectious diseases, helps you successfully manage a full range of diseases and disorders.
- An interdisciplinary team of authors provides insight into the neurological aspects of the conditions you see in daily practice.
- Easy-to-read chapters apply equally well to neurologists and non-neurologists, providing essential knowledge that covers the full spectrum of medical care.
By Michael J. Aminoff, MD, DSc, FRCP, Professor of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine; Attending Physician and Director of the Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratories, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, CA