Injection Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine (with PAGEBURST Access), 4th Edition
A Practical Manual for Clinicians in Primary and Secondary Care
Enter promotional code 05984 at checkout.
Printed book plus PageburstTM access - you will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. PageburstTM enhances learning by not only bringing world class content to your fingertips but also letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it all in a way that suits you. PageburstTM frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
Now in its fourth edition and with a new title - Injection Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine - this successful step-by-step guide is a trusted resource used by a wide range of practitioners who have to deal with the management of painful joints and soft tissues, particularly in relation to sports and overuse injuries.
Area by area, guidance is given for each lesion on appropriate patient selection and delivery of the drug. Every technique has its own two-page spread containing a written description along with an anatomical illustration of the region and a photograph showing the anatomical landmarks for the injection.
This new edition is now accompanied by a Trainer available via www.injectiontechniquesonline.com. For an additional discounted purchase using the PIN located at the bottom of the inside front cover, readers gain access to a virtual training guide - introduced by Stephanie Saunders herself - which covers the top most common injection techniques for each of the body regions. Through key text, videos, animations and interactive self-assessment, users are tested on their knowledge of anatomical landmarks, differential diagnoses, assessment criteria, drug selection and technical skill. Further access is given to a library of over 50 video clips showing supplementary injection techniques which clearly demonstrate the correct anatomical position for each needle insertion.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Illustrations, references, lesions, drugs, controversies!
- Chapters on Other Injectable Substances; Landmark and Image Guided Injections
- Latest evidence in injection therapy literature
- Adapted and simplified practical sections
- Option to upgrade to Musculoskeletal Injection Techniques Trainer - a virtual aid to test your anatomical and technical skills on the top most common injections for the upper and lower limbs and spine - perfect for self-testing and honing your skills!
- Log on to www.injectiontechniquesonline.com and upgrade to the Trainer by using your PIN located at the bottom of the inside front cover of your book
- The Trainer also gives unlimited access to a bank of over 50 video clips demonstrating actual needle insertion for each lesion
By Stephanie Saunders, FCSP, FSOM, Private Practitioner; Course Director, Orthopaedic Medicine Seminars and the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Orthopaedic Medicine; Fellow of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists, London, UK and Steve Longworth, MB ChB MSc FRCGP DM-SMED DPCR FSOM, Principal in General Practice, East Leicester Medical Practice, Uppingham Road Health Centre, Leicester; Specialist Doctor, Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK