Endocrine Surgery E-Book, 4th Edition
Ever since the publication of the first edition in 1997, the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series has met the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants by providing contemporary, evidence-based information on the sub-specialist areas relevant to their general surgical practice. All eight volumes are thoroughly edited and supported by evidence-based references to support key recommendations. This new Fourth Edition brings together the relevant state-of-the-art specialist information that the editors and authors consider important for the practising sub-specialist general surgeon. Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
New to This Edition
- Written by an expanded group of authors with an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
- Full updates on the recent advances in the imaging of endocrine tumours using PET technology
- Details the minimally invasive approaches in widespread use towards most endocrine tumours
- All the chapters reflect the increasing multidisciplinary approach to the subject.
- A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
By Thomas W J Lennard, MBBS MD FRCS, Head of School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK; Edited by Tom W. J. Lennard, MD, LRCP, MRCS, FRCS (Ed), FRCS, Professor of Breast and Endocrine Surgery and Head of School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK