Breast Surgery E-Book, 4th Edition
Ever since the publication of the first edition in 1997, the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series has met the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants by providing contemporary, evidence-based information on the sub-specialist areas relevant to their general surgical practice. All eight volumes are thoroughly edited and supported by evidence-based references to support key recommendations. This new Fourth Edition brings together the relevant state-of-the-art specialist information that the editors and authors consider important for the practising sub-specialist general surgeon. Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
New to This Edition
- This new Fourth Edition is presented in colour throughout, including colour photographs of operative procedures, investigations and clinical signs throughout.
- The entire contents have been comprehensively updated with particular reference to the evidence-based content of each chapter.
- An expanded group of authors provides an increased international dimension to the content of all volumes.
Purchase of a print copy includes a downloadable version of the eBook which you can also access on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
In addition the books are available for purchase as a single volume or as part of a set of all eight volumes in an elegant slipcase.
Provides a full reassessment of current practices in breast surgery with the addition of new topics and a more comprehensive coverage of other areas such as benign disease, locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer.
- A new chapter on how to perform a satisfactory mastectomy
- Full updates on the chapters on imaging, pathology and ductoscopy
- An extended chapter on breast-conservation surgery
- A revised chapter on the numerous advances in the understanding of the genetics of breast cancer.
- A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
- Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
- Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
By J Michael Dixon, BSc MBChB MD FRCS FRCS(Ed) FRCP, Consultant Surgeon and Senior Lecturer in Surgery, Edinburgh Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK; Edited by J. Michael Dixon, BSc, MB ChB, MD, FRCS, FRCS (Ed), FRCP, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Clinical and Surgical Sciences (Surgery), University of Edinburgh and Consultant Surgeon, Edinburgh Breast Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK